While the Automation Engine is active, data on the executions is written and reports are logged. This information tracks all processes and allows you to control and monitor Automation Engine activities. This ensures full auditing capability.
When executing objects, the Automation Engine generates comprehensive output files and reports that are easily accessible from the Automic Web Interface, either via buttons on the Process Assembly and Process Monitoring toolbars or by right-clicking the object or task and selecting the command. No matter where you open them from, the Reports window looks always alike. For a detailed description please refer to Working with the Reports Window.
Reports are kept in the system until they are explicitly removed by a reorganization run. When removing them you can still keep the execution data, as reports and execution statistics are handled separately. This is an advantage because reports can consume a large amount of hard drive space and removing them from your database does not necessarily mean loss of important historical data.
You can access the reports as follows:
- Right-clicking an object in the Process Assembly perspective and selecting Monitoring > Last Report from the context menu
- Right-clicking a task in the Process Monitoring perspective and selecting Open Report
- After executing a job (JOBS) a success message is displayed at the top of the screen that also provides a link to the report
In case of very long reports or of heavy traffic, loading the report can take some time; in this case, the Report dialog is displayed but the toolbar buttons are disabled. You can detach the dialog to be able to switch to another window and continue with your tasks while you wait for the report to be displayed.
- ACT: Activation report
- CLNT: Client report
- LOG: Runtime report
- LST: SYSLST report for BS2000 jobs
- OBJ: Object report
- OREP: Output Scan report (jobs, file transfers and RemoteTaskManager), see Output Pages
- PLOG: Agent report (available for all Java Agents)
- POCO: Report of the post-conditions of Workflow tasks, see Precondition and Postcondition Tabs
- POST: Post-Process report
- PP: Internal report
- PRCO: Report of the pre-conditions of workflow tasks
- REP: Job report
- REV0: Script report
- REV1: JCL report
- REV2: Object access report
- SAPL: Application report for SAP jobs (ABAP jobs) (in xml)
- SJJI: Statistics report for SAP jobs (Java Scheduler jobs) (in xml)
- SLOG: SAP system log report for SAP jobs
- SREP: Structured job report
- SSPL: Spool directory for SAP jobs (ABAP jobs) (xml)
- SSTC: Statistics report for SAP jobs (ABAP jobs) (xml)
- SSTP: Step list report for SAP jobs (ABAP jobs) (xml)
- Directory: Job output files